Are wireless smart homes in Bloomington a good idea?
Not so long ago, home security systems were restricted to wired equipment joined through a lengthy installation process. Those days are gone. Wireless technology has reinvented the industry and opened up a wealth of possibilities for homeowners.
Are you wondering if a wireless smart home in Bloomington is right for your family? Find out what you need to know about going wireless.
What to know before going wireless
The foundation of any wireless system is a sound internet connection. Consistent, fast internet and a quality wireless router are the two main elements you’ll need. If you haven’t upgraded your router in a couple of years, think about doing it now to capitalize on the newest performance improvements.
If you live in a region without trustworthy high-speed internet or cellular coverage, you could be better off with a hard-wired installation. Or, if you relocate to a residence that is already wired for home security, it could be reasonable monetarily to stick with that setup.
Irregardless of where you reside, online and electrical disruptions can occur. Taking this into account, look for security solutions with cell and battery backups to maintain your connection.
What are the perks of a wireless smart home in Bloomington?
The central aim of any home security system is to defend your household from risks like break-ins and fire. You can accomplish this with hard-wired and wireless systems, but if you intend to take advantage of the latest improvements, a wireless smart home is your top option. With a wireless system, you can take advantage of the following:
● Remote access: Would you appreciate being able to lock your entryways or scan real-time video from your smartphone? A wireless smart home offers a degree of control and access you’ve never experienced. You can remotely inspect or change any incorporated components, like your smart thermostat or locks.
● Instant updates: Not only can you access your system, but it can also get in touch you. If a sensor is triggered, an alert will be dispatched automatically to your mobile device app. You’ll always be alerted when there’s a security event, regardless of whether you’re home or away.
● Adaptable and scalable: Unlike wired devices, you can place wireless options practically anywhere. Want to have a video camera on your desk or in your kid’s bedroom? No sweat! It’s also simple to add or remove devices from your wireless smart home.
Potential drawbacks of wireless systems
Although wireless smart homes in Bloomington have proven dependable and useful, there are a couple of potential shortcomings. You should consider the following:
● You might need to switch out batteries. If you have battery-powered devices, there’s always the possibility of a disruption when the battery dies. Even so, smart elements will notify you when battery life is depleting and tend to last for several years without calling for a new battery.
● Placement of devices. There could be restrictions on how far you are able to put wireless sensors away from the primary command hub. This won’t be a problem in the majority of homes, but you need to ask about the limit prior to moving forward.
● Threat of online hacking. Just like any other computer network, the risk of hacking is present. But you can greatly reduce this risk by using strong passwords, always updating default settings, and selecting routers with integrated security.
Order your Vivint wireless smart home in Bloomington today!
Experience everything a wireless smart home can offer by designing your own with a Vivint agent today. You’ll love being able to access and control your Bloomington security system from anywhere. Contact (309) 332-1140 to get started.