Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Bloomington smart home
At the core of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub connects your cameras, security sensors, thermostats, and locks into a cohesive system. This intuitive, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel places you in total control of your Bloomington home’s security and automation. Learn more about what it can do and explore tips to get started.
What can you do with the Vivint Smart Hub in Bloomington?
Connecting wirelessly to components via radio frequencies and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your residence. You can disarm or arm your system, operate lights, set the temperature, and more. If integrating a video doorbell, you can even talk to someone on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub includes built-in cellular connectivity and a battery backup to ensure reliable performance. It also gives you total remote operability with the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s a sample of the things you can do:
- Review live or recorded video streams from your connected cameras
- Disarm or arm your home’s security
- Turn lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Modify your home comfort settings
- Communicate directly to monitoring agents
You can enhance convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Bloomington by programming schedules or initiating rules. For instance, you might have your smart thermostat adjust automatically every night at a certain time. Or, you can add preferences like having your entrances unlock whenever the fire alarm trips.
Steps for arming and disarming your security system
Before you jump into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll want to know how to arm and disarm your security. It’s straightforward - just follow these steps:
- Tap the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay indicates you will remain in your house and arms everything except interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away signifies you will be away, and everything in the home will activate.
- To disarm, simply slide down the shield icon and type in your PIN.
You’ll observe a warning if the system isn’t able to arm. To illustrate, an open window or door will cue you to take action. Keep in mind that you are still able to arm the system by adhering to the above steps. You will then need to verify you wish to ignore the sensor that isn’t engaged.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Bloomington
Despite the fact that many users can be set up during the initial installation, you will probably want to add an additional user at some point. Here are instructions to do so.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right of the main screen.
- Tap “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” type in the new user, and tap the Next button.
- If you wish to supply the user remote capability, select phone or email and enter the info to dispatch an request.
- Hit Next and then create a PIN for this new user.
- To take out a user, navigate to the menu, tap users, choose the user you wish to remove, and then select “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take control of your home’s security and automation via an intuitive touchscreen console? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Bloomington smart home. Call (309) 332-1140 to learn more.