Tips to cut down on false alarms in Bloomington
False alarms are an actual issue for home security systems. They're not only a burden on your time and pocketbook, but they might even erode the trust you have in your installation. Fortunately, you are able to do a few things to minimize false alarms from your Bloomington home security system.
First, ensure that everything is installed correctly. This process may seem like an obvious course of action, but it’s common that basic user errors lead to false alarms. Next, keep an eye on likely culprits of false alarms, including entry points that might be kept open mistakenly. And finally, feel free to use the various options like home automation and geotracking to cut down on false alarms in Bloomington.
Is it really that straightforward? Read on and find out.
Many false alarms in Bloomington can be avoided
Just like you would address any concern, the initial step is to reference the guidebook. Make sure all devices are set up correctly from your perspective by:
- Performing a diagnostic with your smart hub touchscreen.
- Manually check each device to be certain it didn't become dislodged or need fresh batteries.
- Check your preset schedules to make sure that your home’s security isn’t activating at inappropriate times.
- Be certain that all recently added smart implements are configured correctly and aren't conflicting with your home’s alarm.
Call your service representative if you are still having issues cutting down false alarms in your Bloomington system. They'll be pleased to dispatch a trained expert to inspect your system.
Check your entry points
If your system seems to be OK, the next measure is to do a sweep of the house. Are your entries shut tight, or are any accidentally open? If an access point remains unlatched, it may trigger a motion sensor. In the event your clan consistently fails to shut an entrance, you could implement a smart lock that locks automatically when your home security is engaged. Sadly, windows require additional hands-on attention, especially if you have a family member who enjoys to fall asleep with a window cracked. Thankfully, your Vivint home security system makes it simple to turn off that device while protecting the rest of the residence.
Smart home automation can be a great method to cut down on false alarms in Bloomington
One of the most effective ways to reduce the chance of false alarms is to integrate home automation into your alarm system. When utilizing your security app, you can:
- Program a schedule to disengage the alarm when you are home and prevent false alarms that happen due to mistakenly unlatching an entry point. Then have your alarm system automatically engage again that evening as you start your bedtime routine.
- Have your system disarm whenever your smart locking mechanism is triggered with the right PIN.
- Use geotracking to turn on your alarm when you leave the premises, then disarm when you come back to the house.
- Receive smartphone updates when your components sense abnormal motion or require a fresh battery.
- Pair your system to Alexa or Google Home, so you are able to operate your system without the smartphone app or smart home hub.
Cut down on false alarms in Bloomington when you get a Vivint smart home installation
Increased command over your home security means less chance of false alarms. To customize your Vivint home security system, reach out to (309) 332-1140 or submit the form on this page.